Well, this little Pumpkin is proving to be our most particular about her sleep, at least from what I remember! I have been reading blogs about both girls and I don't remember a lot from their first few months - those blogs are so helpful though when trying to figure out a new one!
Like I said, she is our loudest sleeper and will just wake up and fuss and not really be hungry - so we have been tired over here. But over the last 3 nights some magic has started happening. We are figuring out some things about her and we are getting more sleep, but it is particular.
Night one - We fed her at 7, gave her a full bath, swaddled her, read to her, sang to her and she was down by around 7:40. Nate gave her a dream feed around 10:10 and she slept until around 2:50, I fed her and then she slept until around 6:50.
Night two - She was more congested (it's been dry in the house - I have learned that causes infants congestion). We fed her at 7, I wiped her down with a washcloth, swaddled her, read to her, sang to her and she was down around 7:40. Nate gave her a dream feed around 10:00 and she slept until around 2:00, I fed her and then she was restless and didn't sleep well the rest of the night.
Night three - We moved the humidifier closer to her bed. Fed her at 7, gave her a full bath, swaddled her, read to her and she was down around 7:40. Nate gave her a dream feed around 10:15 and she slept until 3:00, I fed her and she slept until 6:50.
By the time this posts, we will be more nights in, but this is where we are when I am writing this on Wednesday.
I have read in many blogs that even 10 minutes can make a difference with babies, but it never mattered with Monkey and Lil Bit. Well, based on these 3 nights apparently a bath and a 10:15 dream feed make all the world of difference for Pumpkin.
We will stay the course and excuse us if we seem rude about being home at 7:00 on the dot, but this is our sleep we are messing with now and it is important! We will be at home at 7:00 every single night for the next few weeks while we get into a good routine. I'm not messing with something that is working so well!
Here's hoping that by the time this posts, she is still doing this well, or even better. Monkey and Lil Bit were sleeping through the night by 8 weeks - fingers crossed!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment