I’m itching to travel. My senior year of college and the summer following, I traveled the most I ever have in my life. I miss it. But quite frankly, with the economy the way it is and plans that Nate and I have for the future, we have better or more important things to spend our money on. So in the interest of fun today, I thought I would dream! If I could go tomorrow, here are some (def. not all) of the places I would like to go.
Places I have been to and would love to go back:
Jackson Hole, Wyoming – I LOVE this place and I think of it often. The Tetons were breathtaking. The sunsets were unbelievable; the sky stays this color of royal blue for so long after the sun goes down with the mountains silhouetted in black against it. Then the stars that come out on a clear night – oh my goodness! That’s just one part – everything about that area is amazing – everyone should visit there at least once!
Switzerland – Particularly to Lucerne. This was an amazing city I was fortunate enough to visit while I backpacked in Europe my senior year. It was cold, foggy, and rainy just about the whole time we were there, but I fell in love with it. I would love to go back and visit there in the spring.
Prague – What a beautiful city – we were only there a couple of days. It would be nice to go back and spend some more time there and discover more of the city.
London – I “lived” there for 2 weeks. Not long enough. I sometimes think that if I was ever brave enough, I would move to London. There was so much of the city that I did not get to discover – another city I would also like to see in the spring time.
St. Lucia – I would go there every year if I could! A week is a very short time to discover an entire island. There was so much it had to offer, I think we are going to have to make at least 2 trips back! ;)
Places I have never been:
Portland, Oregon – The only place out west I have been was to the Tetons. I have heard that Portland and the surrounding areas are beautiful.
Hawaii – Nate has been and now I think it’s time he takes me back!
Arizona – To see the Grand Canyon – and while I’m down there I might as well go to Vegas since I have never been there either! I have always dreamed of seeing the Grand Canyon – this is one trip I’m going to make sure gets taken.
Seattle, Washington – Don’t know a lot about it, but I think it looks like a neat city!
I would really love to hop in an RV and take about a month to drive across the US going across using a Southern route and coming home using a Northern route – or the other way around. Anyone up for it?!
Italy – I’m sick that I didn’t make it to Italy on my backpacking trip. My brother told me that I would be disappointed if I missed it and I am! Our choice was Prague over Italy – because we didn’t want to just see one city in Italy – we wanted to see them all and didn’t have time. I would love to take a trip just to see all of Italy.
Greece – It seems beautiful and would be such a neat culture to experience.
Ireland – I hear that it is amazing and I think that this too would be a neat culture to experience.
I guess that’s a pretty good list to start with. This by no means encompasses everywhere I would like to go. I basically only hit two continents. There are so many amazing places that I know I left off, but I had to cut if off somewhere!
Where would you like to go? Post a comment and let me know – it may give me some more ideas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment