Even with our year of heartache and stress, Nate and I still have much to be thankful for. The Lord is good and He is with us - He will never leave us. Seeing God's sovereignty in our lives has been an amazing blessing - no matter what we have been through I knew that God had a plan better than I could come up with and He would walk us through it.
I am thankful that our trials have made us stronger and brought us closer. It has not only brought us closer to each other, but also to friends and neighbors who have been struggling.
I have seen the Lord's blessing in giving me friends to struggle with. Friends who have been going through the exact same thing - and I have also seen the Lord's blessing as He has created life in the womb of most of these women.
I am thankful for a husband who's love I never doubt. Even with our struggles this year I never once was afraid that he would leave me for someone who might be able to have children. He is a wonderful man of God and I have watched his faith and relationship with God grow through these trials.
I am thankful for a family that has been willing to walk beside us through our journey this year; Holding us up in prayer and being there for us when we need them.
I am thankful for our dog Lucie - though she annoys the mess out of me some of the time - she is a constant companion who brings joy and laughter to my life. I really cannot imagine our life without her now.
I am thankful for our church and the friendships that have developed over the past year. What an amazing blessing it has been that God led us to Grace Community and we look forward to deepening those relationships that have started budding.
I am thankful that we have always been able to find joy in our lives even amidst the sadness.
I am thankful most of all for a Savior who stands beside me, who grieves with me, who finds joy with me. A Savior who has struggled just as I have and is able to comfort me through the hard times. A Savior who helps me see that though I may struggle against it at times, God's will is what I want for my life.
For all the joy and the heartache - To God be the Glory, forever and ever, AMEN.
No comments:
Post a Comment