Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Favorite Things

My tradition of waiting until the day after Thanksgiving to listen to Christmas music has been slowly slipping away year by year.  I still usually wait until at least the week of Thanksgiving, but I just love Christmas music so much that I have to listen during the holiday season (even if it means before Thanksgiving).

Today I have been cleaning getting ready for guests coming in town tomorrow.  I downloaded a few new Christmas albums and set myself to cleaning. 

Dave Barnes - Very Merry Christmas: I love this album already.  He has some good ole favorites and some new songs that he wrote himself.  And the best thing is that it's under $7 - very worth the purchase for a new album.

Everly - Fireside: This is a duo that I found through One Tree Hill.  Bethany Joy Galeotti who plays Hailey on the show is one part of this duo.  It is a simple, acoustic album of 6 songs, but beautifully done.  Great harmony and heartfelt voices make this one of my new favorites.

As I was listening to these I started thinking about my favorite Christmas albums and movies so here are my top three in each category as of today! :)
Some of my Favorite Albums:
Sarah McLachlan - Wintersong: I LOVE this entire album.  I could listen to it all year long.

Love Actually Soundtrack: Now while all these songs are not Christmas songs, this is one of my favorite holiday movies and the whole soundtrack makes me think of Christmas.  This album makes me happy. :) (Plus the song that Nate and I danced to at our wedding (Eva Cassidy - SongBird) was inspired by this soundtrack.)

Amy Grant - Home for Christmas: In my opinion this is the best of all her albums.  My mom and I would always put this one in when we were decorating for Christmas.

Some of my Favorite Movies:
Miracle on 34th Street (the newest one): This is my all time favorite Christmas movie.  I HAVE to watch it at least once a year.  My favorite scene is when Santa uses sign language to speak to the little deaf girl that just wants to see him.  Brings tears to my eyes every time.

Love Actually: I absolutely love this movie.  The music pulls you through the scenes.  If I could cut out one plot line (those of you that have seen it know what I'm talking about) it would be the most perfect holiday movie!

The Holiday: Love, love, love this one.  Yet another feel good movie without being cheesy.

Then of course there are my cheesy Lifetime and ABC Family Christmas movies that are my guilty pleasure during this time of year - can't deny it!

So what are your Christmas favorites??

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Hands down Love Actually is my favorite Christmas movie and the soundtrack was actually partly some of the songs I was thinking for your soundtrack, too funny.

Also enjoy Rudolph and Claymation Christmas as well as Charlie Brown who has a special place in my heart.

Harry Connick Jr's Christmas cds are incredible and the Charlie Brown cd has been on in my car this week.

Karen said...

love love love this post, brittany! love sarah mclachlan and amy grant's christmas albums (my mom and i always used to listen to amy grant while decorating, too!). and love actually & the holiday are hands down my favorite movies year-round.

hope you have a great thanksgiving!!

Ashley said...

And you can't forget Christmas Vacation and ELF!