Friday, November 19, 2010

Old Souls Enjoy a Night Out

Last night Nate and I headed down to the Ryman to enjoy the NeedToBreathe concert.  This is a band that Nate found a couple of years ago and he really enjoys their music.  I know - it's shocking that we were out, let alone out downtown on a weeknight!  These old souls decided to get crazy for just one night. ;)  And I'm so glad we did.  I went to the concert more for Nate than for myself because I knew he would enjoy seeing them live - but I ended up really enjoying the show.  These guys put on an entertaining performance.  Many of their songs have a good message and their music carries a beat that you can't help but move to!

It's been a long time since I have been to the Ryman for a concert, and I must say I need to go back soon.  I forgot how good it was to listen to live music in that venue.  It's so intimate - and it afforded the band the opportunity to come out to the front of the stage and do a completely unplugged song.  5 guys, no mics, no nothing - just their voices and their instruments - raw.  It was beautiful - their harmony is amazing.  The one complaint I would have had was that their music (though good) overshadowed their voices.  But for that one song - their voices were highlighted.  It was my favorite part of the night.  I'm already looking for my next concert to attend at the Ryman - we will see.

Now we are headed into a pretty crazy busy weekend - updates soon...!

1 comment:

Karen said...

So good to see you last night! I'm glad you enjoyed the concert - I'm still basking in how good it was. You should check out the Andrew Peterson "Behold the Lamb of God" concert at the Ryman on Dec 16! Hands down my favorite Ryman concert every year :)