Friday, November 12, 2010

What Is Your Soundtrack

I was sitting at the gym today waiting for Nathan to get done.  While I was waiting, I decided to listen to a little Ray LaMontagne.  I LOVE his newest album - it has to be my favorite of his so far.  But while I was sitting there, it got me thinking.  There are just those songs and those singers that make you feel like you are living your life in a movie, that someone is out there watching this scene of your life on the big screen and that this song is playing in the background to compliment the scene.  Any song by Ray can do this for me.  It does not matter what I am doing, I feel like I am in a movie or a show.  Am I alone in this?  Does this make me crazy? :)

My brother used to make fun of my music collection when I was younger because all I would buy were soundtracks to movies or TV shows.  I have since graduated with my music taste, but I do still enjoy a good soundtrack.  I think music has become almost as important to a movie or show as the script and the characters.  I love that, because a great song can make the scene.  Two shows I currently watch do a great job with this - One Tree Hill (dont laugh - guilty pleasure :)) and Parenthood (in my opinion one of the best shows out right now).

So, have you ever thought about what the soundtrack to your life would be?  What songs would you include?  At the end of my freshman year of college, my roommate burned me a CD with music that she thought chronicled my first year (mainly based on the relationships I had) and it was hilarious to listen to later in college because she nailed it and I could remember so many different things from that year just based on the music.  It would be hard for me to make one for myself right now - perhaps it is easier for someone else to come up with your soundtrack.

So, is there a singer or song that makes you feel like you are living life in a movie?  What songs would be on your soundtrack?  If you dare - what songs would you put on my soundtrack? :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Let me just say this post makes me smile. I am a music maniac and indeed have the compilation and soundtrack cd's as well. Ray is one of my favorite, but I would also add Elton John, Moby, Lady Antebellum, Zac Brown Band, and Led Zeppelin to my list. As for you, I must do some thinking.
Off to buy his new album on itunes!