Well - it's been a hectic month to say the least. Nate and I finally decided to re-do our bathrooms, get a new kitchen floor and repaint most of the house. For about the past month we have been living with Nate's parents. We are very grateful to them for opening up their home. It made it a lot easier to be out of our house that long, but as with anything - we were very ready to get back in our own house.
We were able to move back in on Tuesday, but we are still in the process of putting stuff together-so no pictures yet. Soon - I promise.
Of course, I forgot to take before pictures (I realized after demo had happened) so for those of you who have never really seen our house, you will just have to settle for after pictures. Those of you who have seen it before will be able to tell a pretty big difference.
I love what we had done - it feels like a new home! Justin Bennett of Bennett Construction was our contractor and I would highly recommend using him for any of your renovating needs.
Here are some things we are doing to change the house:
- Completely renovated bathrooms (full bath and half bath)
- New tile floor in the kitchen
- New paint in Dining Room, Den, Master Bedroom and Nursery :) (The nursery is this warm chocolate brown - I LOVE IT!!)
- Changed out our living room furniture and brought back in my couch and chair I had in my condo (the chair may be a little big, but this furniture is so much more comfy it's worth it)
- New bedspread for the Master Bedroom (lightening everything up and deepening colors on the walls)
- Finally got our travel pics framed and will get to put those up above the new couch (our souvenir from each trip we take is a black and white picture, drawing or painting of something representing that city)
No comments:
Post a Comment