Monday, April 11, 2011

We Love You PaPa


Nathan's sweet grandfather, PaPa passed away last night - he was 85 years old.  What an amazing man.  Through circumstances that only the Lord could have orchestrated, he was brought to Vanderbilt hospital on Saturday morning.  This allowed the entire family to be with him as he passed.  He was surrounded by his sweet wife, 3 daughters and their husbands, 7 grandsons and their wives.  There was a great moment on Saturday where he woke up and talked and joked with us for a little bit.  The trauma staff at Vanderbilt was amazing and let us all stay in the room with him as long as we wanted.  We were able to sing hymns over him, pray, read scripture and just tell stories as we waited.  It was a great time to celebrate his life with the family and hear the impact that he made on so many people.  He reminds me so much of my grandfather that passed away almost 17 years ago.  I still miss him so much, but I like to think that maybe they are up in heaven getting to meet one another and PaPa can tell him all about the woman I have become.  PaPa knew the Lord and we are so thankful that he is now whole - no longer in pain.  Our hope in the Lord gives us hope even in death - I am so thankful for that.  As much as we are going to miss him here on this earth - we know that he is in a much better place.  Nathan and I also like to think that PaPa is getting to meet one of his great grandchildren before any of us had the chance.  I hope that the Lord is putting our first little one in his arms and that PaPa gets the joy of holding that child.  Sweet one, enjoy the time with your great-grandfather.  We will see you both soon.

Thank you Lord for this amazing man.  He will continue to make an impact for generations to come.  We love you PaPa.

No comments: