Sunday, January 1, 2012

Our Baby Lu is 2!

Happy Birthday Lucie - You are 2!!  Which means we now have a teenager and a baby in the house. :)

Waiting patiently to have her presents.  We got her some cookies, a candycane, a duck that will be harder for her to tear apart and a cheap toy for her to rip to shreds like she likes to!!
Please Mom - can't I have them

Alright Dad, let me at em!!

Ohh - a duck!  I love to chase animals

Yummy Candy Cane.  Yep - this was gone in about 15 minutes - no joke.


It is hard to believe that we have had her for almost 2 years now.  We got her at the end of February when she was just a tiny puppy.  I remember - I bugged Nate for years to get a puppy and he always said no.  He wanted to wait until we had children, then get a puppy.

Well, little did we know that we would struggle so long.  I had been hopping on the Love At First Sight Pet Adoption website for weeks, just out of curiosity to see what kind of puppies they had.  This is a great organization.  They only take in puppies from litters that are unwanted.  They usually don't take in strays, only in special circumstances - so the puppies are usually good pups and healthy.  I looked for weeks and never really saw any that caught my attention.  Until on afternoon - I hopped and on and saw "Polka".  She was named that because her other 3 brothers and sisters all had long hair and spots all over their bodies.  Our little cutie had short hair and no spots.

All I had to do was show her picture to Nate and we were on our way to get her.  Good thing too because when we were standing there holding her, someone came in to get her - but we had gotten there first.

Little did we know that bringing a puppy home was almost harder than bringing our newborn home.  I think it's because we were not used to being woken up in the middle of the night and having to be responsible for someone 24 hours a day.  In a way - Lu really prepared us for Pumpkin.

Two years later - she is the greatest dog.  Yes, still a little hyper at times.  Yes, still neurotic and still digging up my flower beds.  And now, even more in need of attention.  But she is so good with the baby.  I can already tell that she is going to be her protector.

Lu Baby - we love you.  Happy 2nd Birthday!!

No comments: