Monkey is 10 months old today and she is looking older and older to me each day. I think part of it is because her hair is getting so long (and SO CURLY!), but a lot of it is that she is thinning out and losing some of her baby fat. :( This photo shoot turned out some of my favorite photos of her so far. She is such a ham for the camera and I feel like I really captured her happy little personality. It's also a very busy photo shoot - she was all over the place today!
I feel like she has made a lot of changes that I won't be able to remember and put on here, but I'm going to try!
She is crawling now. Not just army crawling anymore, she is full on crawling and I have to say I love it! Although it takes more thought to keep her safe now, I love that she can follow me around the house. It's also so fun to see her when her daddy gets home from work. She can't crawl to him fast enough and I know that just makes his day.
She is also pulling up on things. Sometimes (rarely) she gets all the way to her feet, but she is getting sturdier on her knees so I know her feet aren't too far behind.
She still loves Lucie and now that she is crawling, she is becoming more playful with Lucie and Lucie is starting to play more with her.
She has this new laugh that has been going on for about a month now. It usually happens when she gets really excited. It's hard to describe it - think Woody Woodpecker for the speed, but not the sound. She doesn't open her mouth and just keeps making the sound over and over again. I love it, its one of the sweetest sounds right now!
She LOVES to read. She loves to listen to me read and she loves to just lay around looking at books. I think it's pretty great! She would rather have a few books around her to look at than toys to play with. Right now she really enjoys reading
Flip, Flap, Fly and
Little Loon and Papa.
Her nickname is very fitting for her at the moment. She uses her feet as an extra pair of hands. It's quite amazing to watch actually. While laying on her back, she will pick up toys from the floor with her feet and begin playing with them. She uses her feet to hold her toys farther away if she wants to look at them. She uses her feet to rest her books on while she reads. I don't know how much longer she will do it, but it's great to watch.
She is starting to be more vocal, still not really saying anything specific, but she is testing it out. She does scream when she gets really excited - sometimes it can be pretty loud and you can't prepare yourself for when it will happen. She does a good job of scaring me sometimes.
She is still our content little one. She is very flexible with her schedule and kind of just goes with the flow (she must get that from her father!). She is starting to whine when she doesn't get her way - so we will be working on that! She almost has the sign for "Please" down. Really she has it - we just have to touch her elbow and she moves her hand to her chest - she is just lazy!
She is starting to feed herself more - she prefers anything crunchy over things that are soft. She LOVES chips and salsa and will track you down if she knows that is what you are eating. She also LOVES Cheerios, Puffs, and loves to eat a cut up apple. I would say right now - that is her favorite fruit. It's getting fun to start feeding her off our plate each night at dinner. We have no restrictions at the moment, just with high allergy foods we still have to wait between introducing it.
She still just has her 2 bottom teeth. Although, I hate teething, I'm so ready for her to have some more teeth so she can start breaking through a lot more foods.
She is starting to get attached to her lovey. Everytime we lay her down for a nap and give her the lovey her thumb goes directly to her mouth. So far is able to stay in her bed and she only gets in when she sleeps. We will see how long that lasts!
She loves baby dolls right now. On our last trip that is what she played with for the longest. I love it - after chewing on her extremities a little she will just sit and talk to her for awhile. It's the sweetest sound. Second to baby dolls are stuffed animals. I guess it's all the faces that she likes to look at. As far as toys go - the maraca is still at the top of the list. There are of course other things she loves, but this one is the best because it is so portable!
She loves to be around people. She is starting to be a little more shy around strangers, but if she is not tired - it doesn't take her very long to warm up to them.
We are working on the sippy cup. I think I should own stock in the sippy cup company. We still haven't quite found one yet. We will keep trying!
She still loves being outside, and I'm excited that it is starting to get cooler outside so it is a lot nicer for us to spend more time outside.
She is already quite independent and quite a determined child. I sense that we will be butting heads quite a bit in the future! Even at her young age, no one has the ability to frustrate me completely in one second, make me laugh in the next and make my heart swell with love and joy in the next. May I never break your spirit, but teach you to reign it in and use it for good!
We continue to be grateful and thankful to God that He decided to gift us with you. You truly are such a gift. Your sweet smile gets sweeter each day and it is such a pleasure to see your little personality develop. We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment