It was a LOT cheaper than I thought it would be, and it used a lot less felt than I thought it would. For those of you who don't know, felt sticks to felt, so this was incredibly easy to make.
I took a yard of green felt and folded it in half then just cut straight lines down to make a tree the width I wanted. I think it is 30 inches wide and 36 inches tall. A perfect size for Monkey to play with. I found a lot of templates for the ornaments online (thanks to Aunt CoCo) and then used our printer to make them the sizes I needed. I made a lot of ornaments because I like a full tree! I also glued a star to the top, glued lights to ribbon and glued them to the tree and then glued presents to the bottom. I left the top of the presents unattached so they could act as pockets to store the ornaments. (I got this idea from another website.)
It turned out to be so easy and I was able to get it done during about 3 days of nap time! She loves it. She mostly likes to take the ornaments off and play with them elsewhere, but that doesn't matter - I made it for her to play with however she likes!
![]() |
| We hung the tree on the door so it could be in the same room as our big tree! |


No comments:
Post a Comment