Sunday, December 1, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

I know this post is a little late, but I have been a little busy this week!

This year was our year to spend Thanksgiving day with my side of the family.  My mom and dad were going to host at their house, but they are building a house right now and had to move in with us for a little while until it's done.  Therefore, we moved Thanksgiving to our house.  Thankfully mom and dad were living with us, or I'm not sure I could have done it by myself.  Mom was such a huge help cleaning and helping me in the kitchen that it wasn't stressful at all.  I actually really enjoyed it.

Once I found out it was at our house, I started looking for recipes.  I don't usually cook a ton at the holidays, but this year I was excited to give Nate a mostly gluten free Thanksgiving.  Mom and I made a yummy gluten free Mac n Cheese, Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan/Brown Sugar crust, Chipotle Cheddar Corn Casserole (it was a bit spicy!), Green Beans with Craisins, Almonds and Blue Cheese and Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes with a gingersnap crust.  Mom and Dad ordered in the ham, turkey and dressing and then the rest of the family brought the rest of the food.  Needless to say, we had plenty!  It was so much fun to cook all these new recipes for everyone though.

We had a fun day with family, sitting around eating and chatting most of the day.  I managed to capture a few pictures, but I have to get better at remembering to catch the whole day.  I didn't pull my camera out until the day was almost over.


I decided we didn't have too many pics with Lil' Bit in them so I got dad to take one of her too!
Nate with my cousins little boy.  Sweet guy is the only little man on our side right now!
Uncle Chad got him to smile for the picture.
Best family shot we could get at the end of the day.
On Friday, we headed over to see some of Nate's family.  Most of his extended family travels in from out of town, so they usually stay the whole weekend.  The ladies headed down to eat lunch in downtown Franklin, then I came back to the house to hang out for the rest of the day.  As usual, I didn't take any pictures.  Nate's dad took a few, this is my favorite so far.  If I get some more, I will post those.  Monkey enjoyed a weekend of playing with her cousins of all ages!
Monkey showing her cheesy smile with cousin Steph and Great Aunt Susie
Each year, I feel more and more blessed.  We have much to be thankful for.

No comments: