Monday, July 21, 2014

Remember Your Surroundings

My husband lovingly pointed out that this will not be as funny to anyone else as it was to me, bc I was the only one there, but I still have to share it.

We have been working with Monkey to understand what is around her when she is playing - especially since Lil Bit was born.  If she accidentally hits one of us or hits something else when she is playing, I always say - "Remember your surroundings" - just trying to help her to think about and be aware of what is around her.

So on Saturday morning, our power went out twice - still not sure why.  During one of those outages, I was laying on our bed and Monkey came into the room with one of her flashlights.  It was pretty dark in our room and she was headed to our bed to climb up on it.  There were a few cords and shoes on Nate's side of the bed and she got tripped up in them.  She fell pretty hard, but it was one of those falls that you wait to see what they do before you make a big deal about it.  I waited for a little bit and she didn't say anything, so I asked - "You Ok Baby?"  and her reply was a weak little "Yeah, Remember your surroundings".  I died laughing - I couldn't help it.  She was fine and the response was hilarious.  She is a little mimic, but the funniest thing is that she uses the phrases we say all the time correctly, but not necessarily in the way we use them.  I currently love it, but I'm sure one day soon I will say something that I don't want repeated and she will get me!

No comments: