Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Singing in the Rain

It was also raining on Saturday morning during one of our power outages.  It was the good summer rain that doesn't come with thunder and lightning.  Monkey has started to get fascinated with puddles, but most days she wants to play in them we are headed out the door and we don't have time.

So that morning, Nate and I asked her if she would like to play in the rain and the look on her face was priceless.  She was so excited!  We caught a few videos of her playing.  I tried to trim them down so they weren't all that long, but she did funny things in each one.



The next one is pretty cute - she asked Lucie if she wanted to come play - you can barely hear, but when Lucie runs off she turns back pouting and says "My dog said no."



The next one, she asked me to help her to jump, so from the porch I started telling her to squat down and jump, what followed was a funny series of her practicing all kinds of ways to squat down and jump up.  And as you can hear at the end of this one she wanted one of us to come play.  Listen for my very enthusiastic "sure" at the end!



So I got up and put on my coat and my boots and went out there.  As you can see in the video, I was really having a lot of fun! ;) But, hey - at least I went out there and played.  It was a little too early to be out playing in the rain! :)



This last one I put on here because I love that she called the puddles, lakes.

No comments: