I found this painting suggestion on
this blog. Of all of our projects, Monkey loves painting the best - any kind works right now, so I'm always on the hunt for new ways to paint with her. This one was especially fun for both of us. If you didn't read the blog above, it is just plain, white Elmer's glue (I used store brand) and food coloring. So easy. You just put the food coloring in the bottles and mix with a skinny object (I used a wooden skewer.)
 |
| This was on regular paper first. I wouldn't suggest this, because she used so much "paint" that as it dried it soaked through the paper. |
 |
| After the regular paper, we tried wax paper. I had read on the blog that you would be able to take it off once it dried and use it for window decorations, but it didn't work for us. And warning - it takes at least 2 days for this much glue to dry!! |
I ended up throwing all the pages away, but it was a fun activity and she liked to check in on them while they dried because they kept changing in color and appearance. She was busy for a little over an hour and we still have more glue left to use next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment