This was definitely different and I was very pleased with the results, so pleased, we will do it again soon!
We are focusing on leaves for our art for the month of September, so I cut out some leaves and started with this project. I can't remember the site I found this on, but you can Google shaving cream paint and find a similar project.
First you fill up a container about half way with shaving cream, then you let your child that has never seen shaving cream play around for a little bit!

![]() |
| She enjoyed playing with it more than I thought she would! |

Once she was done playing, I smoothed out the shaving cream to make it even on the surface. Once it is smooth you squirt acrylic paint in any colors that you want. After squirting the paint you swirl it with a dowel or a knife, anything really. I forgot to take pictures of all those steps. After the paint is slightly swirled, you lay your paper down (I would use a thick cardstock or something like it, regular paper will get too wet). Press your paper down all the way, then lift it and lay to dry for about a minute or so. The shaving cream will still be on the paper.
![]() |
| This is what they look like right after you pull them out of the shaving cream. |
![]() |
| These are the final products. Pretty neat and marble looking. You can tell we didn't press some of them down all the way or there just wasn't any paint in those areas. I will probably use a little more paint, or do a little more swirling next time. |



No comments:
Post a Comment