So of course - the neurotic person that I am - I started reseraching how to fix that problem. The blog that I refered to in my last post suggests to use Flickr or Photobucket, just to put the settings on private. Well, I could never get either of those to work, plus I was not excited about having to load them onto another website.
Finally after a lot of trying yesterday, I finally figured it out (through reading someone else's answer on a blogger forum). It is a little bit of work each post, but it gives me peace of mind knowing that I am as protected as I can be (at least I feel like I am - I'm sure I'm not!) At least I have taken some steps to make it harder.
Here is what I found out. I have been directly uploading my pictures to blogger. You can do that and still protect it, but I also figured out that you can link your pictures to Picasa web albums (I'm sure I'm the last person to know this!). I am going to start linking my pictures in the future because even though there is the extra step of uploading them - it takes less time to link them than directly upload them in the end. Here is what you can do:
- there is a link in every picture on your blog - whether you have directly uploaded, or if you have linked it from a photo sharing website
- you have to disable that link in order to keep people from being able to open it in a new window
- you will have to fiddle with the HTML code (trust me, I know nothing about this, but I figured it out)
- each picture will have this code in the beginning <a href="your picture URL">
- the part up there that says "your picture URL" is very long - usually about one or two lines long
- so basically find the <a href and then find the > that closes that part of the code.
- highlight from the < to the next > and then delete
- also keep searching a little farther down the line until you find <a> and delete that
- your picture stays there, but the link is now disabled so no more opening in another window
- i know it works either way - i had some pictures that were linked to Picasa web and then I some that were just uploaded directly to blogger and I did this to both sets and all my pictures are still there
- initially it is a pretty big undertaking to go back and fix the previous pictures, but for the new posts you probably have no more than 10 photos and it won't take you too long once you get the hang of it
No comments:
Post a Comment