*** Disclaimer: The apotrophe key on our keyboard is not working, therefore there will be no apostrophes when needed during this post. I cannot tell you how much this annoys me!***
We just got back from the doctors office and I thought I would try to type up everything that she said before I forget anything.
First off, I am a new woman now that I have my stitches out. Those were so annoying and were the worst part of the 2nd week of recovery. It was instant relief when she took them out. They are still tender, but nothing like before. Yay for Nate because he does not have to hear me whine about how tender they were or whine about worrying if they were getting infected.
She said that everything looked good post-op. She said that I had a lot of endometriosis - she showed me her larger drawing that was in my file. I also had a fibroid tumor behind my uterus that she had forgotten to tell Nate about. (She had two patients that day that had a fibroid in the same exact place.) You can see it on the pictures that she took and she pointed it out today. She did say that she is still shocked at how small my ovaries are and that even though she lasered the right one off my pelvis that I could still have a low egg count each month. She said we would have to monitor that.
I asked her how long she thought I had had endometriosis - and she said there was no way to tell. I asked if she thought that it had caused my miscarriage and she said that she did not think so, usually it just makes it hard for you to get pregnant in the first place. (Not what we read on the internet, but she is the doctor who looks at cases like this all the time.) Based on some of the symptoms that I have had though, I think that I probably have had it for awhile.
She did not put any limits on us concerning the future. She said she would like for us to try on our own for a couple of months because now that I am cleaned out - I should be a lot more fertile. After a couple of months (probably the new year), if we are not pregnant on our own, we have somewhat of a game plan, but we will go back to her to see the next step.
We thank you for your prayers and ask that you would continue to pray for us. This is the last blog related to getting pregnant that I am going to write for awhile. Nate and I need to take a break from talking about it and from everyone knowing exactly how much time we have before we find out if we are pregnant the next time. We are going to be more private about it this time and try to continue on with our lives without this consuming us. We had gotten to a good place before the surgery and we want to make sure to stay there. This is going to be a little hard for me in the beginning I am sure, but in the end, I know it will help us so much. We are just going to live our lives as God intended for us to and if we get pregnant in the mean time, then so be it! We want this for our lives, but more importantly, we want what God wants for our lives. We are trusting in Him to create life when He deems the perfect time. I do have a renewed hope after this surgery, but I also want to just let it go and give it to Him. I have to give up control to move on and that is my new goal!
Dont worry though, when there is an update to share - I will share!
We love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment