Monday, September 13, 2010

Rivers, Rivers and More Rivers - Part 1


This is so long – I split it into 3 posts!
This past weekend was our 3rd annual 4-wheeling trip to Brimstone.  It is truly something that we start talking about doing again as soon as the trip is over for the year.  Each year has gotten better and this year, we only had one mishap (but as Birdie would say – it wouldn’t be a trip without something happening!)  If you missed reading about our escapades from last year click here.
First off let me just say that I would give anything for a documentary film crew to follow us all weekend.  I just can’t explain in words some of the things that we do on this trip.  This blog will be pretty long, because you know I will try!
We got there Thursday night this year which gave us more time, plus Bub decided it would be a good idea to rent a 3rd vehicle this year so we could all ride together some since the girls were older.  This just meant that if it was daylight – that pretty much meant we were out 4-wheeling!  We found out on Thursday night that the owners (i.e. the people who get us unstuck and out of our pickles we get into) were leaving for vacation on Friday morning.  This meant that we did not have anyone to come bail us out this year.  This made us take a lot more caution – and it ended up being the best year!
FRIDAY
While we were picking up the RUV’s, it started to rain – so we all headed back to the cabin to get our rain clothes on.  Of course by the time we got them on it had stopped raining, but everything was still really wet so it was nice to have them! 



We all headed out to do some of the easier trails from our previous years.  We had a good time, even with the rain – it was the perfect weather outside.  The rain makes it more fun (for the most part) unless it is pelting you in the face!  Then it kind of hurts!

We had to have the 3rd RUV back by evening, so we took it back, put the girls down for a nap and Bub, Bird, Nate and I headed out to do a couple of trails.  We started up one trail, but as we were going up the rocks we heard some of the same sounds that we heard last year when Nate broke the axles, so we decided not to go up.  Instead, we headed down one of the trails we couldn’t do last year because there had been so much rain.  It was a great trail – except for some of the mud holes that were pretty bad.  I’m learning that I’m not quite the dare devil that I would like to be!  I have so much fun doing this stuff, but the whole time I’m a little worried that we might flip.  We ended up crossing through a river (which at the time we thought was huge) and then we were able to get around most of the mud holes so we didn’t get stuck.
Hanging out at the cabin

No comments: