Saturday, September 25, 2010

Doin' A Happy Dance

We got a new dishwasher about a month ago and I love it!  Almost a year ago to the date I wrote a blog about being frustrated with our dishwasher always smelling.  The thing I forgot to mention in that post was our dishwasher that was only almost 3 years old never dried my dishes either.  It was very labor intensive just to unload the dishwasher each time.  We would have to dry every single dish, every single cup or glass and every single piece of silverware - and I do mean all.  I tried everything.  I tried using the drying agent, it never worked.  I kept it clean, but it was always dirty and still smelled.  It really grossed me out just to eat off our dishes.  But, I never did anything about it, I just complained and dried them off every time.

The first time I got fed up with it, I called Sears and found out that I was calling ONE DAY after the warranty had expired.  My goodness - that did not make me happy.  So this last time, I just decided it was worth it to get someone to come out and fix it - so I called and they came.  Well, let me just tell you never to purchase and LG appliance for your home.  They may be good at making small devices, but both our fridge and dishwasher were LG and both people who have come out to look at each have told us never to buy another one.  Each type of fridge, dishwasher, etc. has their own set up parts.  It is not just a general fan, or heating device, or whatever - they are specific to the model number which makes them much more expensive to fix.

Well, it ended up that the drying agent resevior was not taking in all the fluid that it should, it barely took in two squirts - so that had to be replaced.  Also, the electrical panel had been fried somehow and you could not even manually release the agent into the applicance so that would have to replaced.  We bought the appliance at Sears Scratch and Dent (which I would still use) and I really think it was broken from the beginning.  So if you are not happy with something call in the beginning, because it was going to cost us about the same amount as buying a new dishwasher.

So we decided to get a new one.  The repairman said to look for a middle of the road appliance in either Maytag or GE first.  So we went and purchased a new dishwasher and had it installed a little over a month ago.  OH MY GOODNESS - it is amazing simply because it dries my dishes.  It is not a special dishwasher - it just works!  I get to put my dry dishes straight from my dishwasher into my cabinets.  And because there is no longer standing water in my dishwasher - it no longer stinks and I feel like I am drinking from truly clean glasses.

Still to this day - when I am emptying my dishwasher I get a smile on my face and I do a happy dance!  Oh the little things!! :)

No comments: