I'm so excited today!! Besides the fact that my hubby is home after being gone since Sunday (yay!!!!!!!) I was reading a friends blog and saw a link to www.onceamonthmom.com. There is a wonderful woman out there that makes monthly menus for freezer meals. She gives you 3 breakfast, I think 5 lunch and 6-8 dinner meals. She offers many types of menus - one of them being a gluten free menu. You cook once a month and get up to 14 dinners a month in your freezer ready to go. She tries to use seasonal produce so that you can eat as fresh as possible. I'm going to attempt to do this in September. I would like to try it once before our pumpkin decides to arrive, but we will see if that happens - at least I know it is there and I can implement it sometime soon when life settles down.
She is also my kind of woman. Every thing is on a spreadsheet. She has recipes that you can change the number of people you are cooking for and it automatically changes the quantities of things you need. She has a grocery list for each month so you have everything in one place. She also has labels that print on Avery labels so you can attach them to each dish and have the thawing and preparation instructions already attached.
Not only does she have adult menus - she has baby food menus!! I am going to attempt to make baby food for a little while because I have heard it is really not that hard. She does a seasonal menu for baby instead of monthly so you can just make the seasonal one - or whichever veggies and fruits you want to use.
So in two days I could potentially have dinners for us for a month and food for pumpkin for a month. I'll keep you updated as to if I really can do this, but I thought some of you out there might like the opportunity to use her site.
Enjoy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment