I know you don't believe me, especially with this heat wave approaching this week, but I felt it this morning. It could be a month from now, but fall is definitely coming.
I stepped out to take a walk this morning with Lucie, sunshine on my face, new music in my ears and it was there. The feeling that fall is on its way. I can't explain it, but I get this feeling each year and it just makes me happy!! It puts a pep in my step - especially right now when I am desperately hoping for cooler weather soon. Now of course when I got back from my walk - it was already really hot, but for a brief moment this morning there was a little bit of a chill in the air - it was there - I promise. :)
I am 2 days away from entering my 3rd trimester - where has the time gone??? It's flying by and my little pumpkin will be here before I know it. We cannot wait for her arrival - to see what she is going to look like - what color eyes will she have, what color hair will she have, what will her cry sound like... I commented to Nate the other day that I'm so excited that our little girl is going to be born in my favorite season. I hope that she loves it as much as her mommy does - I met her daddy during the fall and now we get to bring her into the world during the fall. I can't wait!
Oh yeah - what's the new music that was in my ears you ask?? Why it was Mat Kearney of course! His new album "Young Love" came out today and I downloaded it before the walk. I have to say - this is my favorite album of his to date. Falling in love and getting married has done his writing some good! I highly recommend it if you are looking for some new music to listen to and if you have never heard much of his music, this is actually a good place to start. It's more of a mix of his 1st and second albums - and I like that. Run out and get it - your ears will thank you. It was really hard for me not to dance down the street listening to "Hey Mama" - but I decided to spare everyone from seeing this pregnant belly busting a move on the street! They would thank me - I'm sure.
Enjoy your day and have hope that cooler weather is on its way!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment