This past weekend we traveled to Chaffee, MO to celebrate Christmas with Nate's extended family. We don't travel much during the holidays because most of both of our families live here, but it's always fun to head up to Chaffee the weekend before Christmas. This year I was interested to see how it would go since it was our first trip up with Pumpkin.
Thankfully she loves to ride in the car and she loves her car seat. She slept the entire way up there. We stopped once to feed and her and then she went right back to sleep. I'm pretty sure this was probably the easiest year we will ever have traveling with her - so I'm counting my blessings!
Two days before we left Pumpkin gave us an early Christmas present. She started sleeping through the night - from 10-7. We could hardly believe it the first morning we woke up. I worried that traveling would set us back a bit. But she did awesome. She slept through the night in her pack-n-play both nights we were there. So impressed! This is starting to make for one very happy and well rested mommy!!
We spent Saturday at Jo-Jo's eating yummy food, opening gifts and just spending time with family. Nate and I have to get better about taking pictures - but we left the camera in the car so our lenses were too cold to use for awhile. Thankfully Doc snapped a few photos of the weekend. Sunday morning we headed back up there for a quick breakfast and then headed back home. She did wonderful on the way home again, sleeping the entire way. Again counting my blessings for this year - because we will have a 15 month old on our hands next year and I'm sure that will be interesting!!
 |
| The Meyers Family!! I LOVE the way that sounds. |
 |
| Love this picture - she is starting to smile and in this one it does look like she is smiling up at her Ma-Ma. |
 |
| Playing with just 4 of her 8 cousins. |
 |
| He is the best father. He loves his little girl so much. |
 |
| Trying to get her to smile - it's our favorite activity right now! |
|
|
What a wonderful way to start out the holidays. We have a had a year of a lot of loss and a year of a lot of joy. Pa-Pa was missed and he was remembered over the day. I know he was looking down on us rejoicing in the new life that God has blessed us with this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment