Today is December 1 - What???!! That is so hard to believe, but it does mean that the season of Advent is upon us. I am so excited this year to be able to read this storybook with my baby girl.
Two years ago, while we were in Chaffee for Christmas, I sat in Nate's aunt's den and read this entire book. I loved it immediately, but it made me a little bit sad because I wondered to myself if I would ever have a child of my own to read this with during Christmas.
Last year, his aunt knew I loved the book so much that she gave me a copy when she was here at Thanksgiving. I was so excited to have a copy of my own, but then again began to wonder to myself if I would ever have a child to read this with.
So finally this year, the Lord has blessed us with our little girl and she and I sat down and began reading this today. Now of course she has no idea what I am reading to her, but it doesn't hurt to start traditions early does it?!
I love this book - it starts with the story of a little bear who asks his momma if it is Christmas yet. She tells him that it isn't but that it will be after 24 stories. She begins to tell him a story each night at bedtime of another little bear and his journey on the way to Bethlehem. The illustrations are beautiful and the stories are sweet, short yet to the point. Each of them guiding you to Christ and what this season is about - just as an Advent story should. If you are looking for a book to read with your children during the Advent season - I highly recommend this one. You should check it out.
Thanks Aunt Jo-Jo for the book. I opened it today and she had inscribed a verse in the front.
"For the Lord is good and His love endures forever, His faithfulness continues through all generations." Psalm 100:5
AMEN
No comments:
Post a Comment