WOW - time is flying. I can hardly believe it. Our little girl is 2 months old today. We went to the doctor today for her check up. She is 11 lbs. and 9 oz. and 23.25 inches long. She is one growing girl and healthy as could be! I was curious to see what she would do with her shots because she didn't even make a peep when she was a newborn. Well - she has found her voice. The first shot went in and her eyes got huge then she lost it. It was pitiful. But after a little snuggle and some time with her paci - she was content in her car seat. She has been resting comfortably for the afternoon - we will see how the evening goes.
Here are some things about our little one:
She is very expressive with her face. I love watching all her expressions. The one above is one of my favorite looks she has right now. She loves to raise those eyebrows that make it look like she is surprised. The best is when she raises her eyebrows and lowers her head - it cracks me up.
She is starting to smile even more. Not sure this was exactly a smile, but for now what we can capture on camera will do! She still smiles more at her daddy, and I still love that. We are beginning to get those big, toothless, gummy grins!
She loves her tummy time. I really think we are going to have a stomach sleeper on our hands once we can let her.
She is starting to find her hands. She loves putting them in her mouth, but can't quite do it on purpose all the time yet. She gets frustrated. She would much rather have her hand than her paci though so I hope she gets the hang of it soon. I think once she learns to stick her thumb out instead of in her fist she will get the hang of it.
She is starting to coo at us when we talk to her. Saying "Uh-oh" or "Cheerio" to her almost always gets a smile. She likes the "Oh" sound. She is also responding to the "ooo" sound. She makes both of these occasionally and when you are talking to her she moves her mouth like she wants to talk back but sound doesn't always come out yet.
She plays by herself well. But when you get up to leave her she looks for you for a little bit - talking. I love that she tries to get our attention, but after a minute she will play quietly by herself.
This angel is still sleeping through the night. She sleeps from 10-7. We love it! It has been going on for over a week now, so I hope we are in a good pattern.
 |
| I CAUGHT ONE!!! |
|
She is beginning to like bath time better - she is so squirmy though that it's hard for me to keep her above water even in her little infant bathtub. Maybe she will be a good swimmer!
She is getting much better at her head control. We have even started letting her sit in her Bumbo seat for a little bit each night. She does pretty good in it, but can't use it for long.
Her favorite activity is to lay in her vibrating bouncy seat. She sits in it and looks at the Christmas tree or likes to look out the window - or yes, she loves to watch the moving lights on the TV. This is also the place where she poops - lately the only place. We have to leave her alone, not paying attention to her and she poops at almost the same time each night. It cracks me up.
Still a pretty good napper. Taking 3-4 good naps a day and cat naps before bedtime.
She loves to eat. I mean LOVES it. She is on 6 oz at each feeding and eats 36 oz a day. She's on the high end and spits up a bit because I'm sure she over eats, but this kid is not satisfied unless she can drain her bottle, trust me I have tried! So we just deal with spit up in order to have a content child. She will slow down soon. :)
Most of the time she would rather be laid down on her back than held. This makes me a little bit sad. She will still snuggle with me sometimes, but if she is getting fussy usually laying her down will do the trick. She loves to be able to lay there, kick around and move her arms all about. I have a feeling once she starts crawling and walking - she will never stop!!
She is still swaddled at night. We have tested it with her arms out, but she is not ready yet. She is also still our little Houdini. She is in a swaddle sack for nap time and can wiggle her arms up and sometimes out. We have had to move to a Miracle Blanket for nighttime sleep and that works really well. However, she still somehow manages to move a lot during her sleep. Picture a clock - she starts out with her head at 12 o'clock by the morning her head is at 3 o'clock, sometimes at 6 o'clock and sometimes at 9 o'clock. I guess it's possible that sometime in the night she makes it all the way around. It's quite amazing.
She already loves to be read to. I have to tell you - I'm excited about this. We read together every day - and she will just lay with me and either stare at me or stare at the book while I read. I'm hoping that she only grows to love it more.
Baby Girl - we are so thankful for you and cannot even put into words the blessing you are in our life!!
1 comment:
love all these photos, b! she is growing so quickly and is such a cutie patootie!
Post a Comment