Monday, March 5, 2012

Poop

I know it isn't pleasant to write about poop - but I'm going to go ahead and do it.  These are things you talk about now that you have a baby - oh well!

For the last month or so of our child's life she only pooped once every 3 or 4 days.  Yep you read that right.  The doc said it was fine as long as she wasn't working too hard, which she wasn't - but it still bothered me.  But I just decided that was going to be her rhythm so I might as well get used to it.  I mean who complains about only having to change a poopy diaper once every 3 or 4 days.

Well - that was the case until we went for her 4 month check up.  She was on a sensitive formula and Zantac for her reflux.  The doc wanted us to try regular formula so she could get used to lactose and her reflux was so bad he changed her medicine.  Apparently one of those was stopping her up a bit.

So now - we have at least 1 if not 2 or 3 dirty diapers a day.  While I like the new regularity that has brought itself on my daughter - I do not like the timing.  We already had enough trouble making it through naps, but since her body is not used to pooping every day - she now poops when she gets relaxed and that usually happens right in the middle of her good naps.

Again - oh well!  I just have to laugh.  Hopefully once we are on a better nap schedule and her body gets used to when she sleeps it will also get used to not pooping during that time.  At least it's not in the middle of the night (I can't believe I just wrote that - please don't let that happen!).

Ahhh - life with a baby and the new things we worry about.  I LOVE IT!! :)

No comments: