Monday, November 14, 2011

Put My Arms Down!

So, our good little sleeper has been having some trouble sleeping the past couple of days.  We have been putting her to sleep in her Halo Sleep Sack which has worked well for the first few weeks.  It keeps her warm and it has swaddle wings in order to swaddle her.
Well, our little Houdini can wiggle her arms out and that has been what has been waking her up (some of the time).  She gets her arms out and then ends up hitting herself.  Sleeping at night was fine, but naps were not good at all and baby girl was not sleeping well during the day at all.

So I did a little research.  We have some large swaddling blankets, but it's hard to get it tight enough to be safe for night time sleeping.  I'm afraid the blankets would come undone.  So I found this - The Summer Infant - SwaddleMe:
I know it looks funny, but it really works. We don't wrap it so close to her neck either - so it's not as claustrophobic looking!  I read a review that suggested using a receiving blanket folded in half first to wrap her arms down, then wrap this around her and it seems to be working.  It makes swaddling easy and with the velcro pieces, I don't worry about it coming undone.  And so far, her arms have stayed in and she has stayed asleep during the day!  (With the exception of her mid-afternoon nap today - we are still working on it!)

Easy To Do

Easy to change diaper in middle of night
If you are looking for a good, safe way to swaddle your baby - I highly recommend these.  They are a good price and they come in a bunch of fun different patterns. 

1 comment:

Ben Shive said...

We swore by our miracle blanket. Swaddling was like magic on our kids. Fun to see you guys in baby world!