Thursday, April 10, 2014

And Then There Were 2

I keep writing about what a blessing my two daughters are, and I firmly believe that and hold to that thought every single day.  I have to hold to that thought most days right now because life is far from blessed bliss!  Two kids is hard.  I have always heard moms say that, but my goodness - it's HARD.  They are on different schedules, so it's rare that you get a moment to yourself.  (I do still have my mom and dad living here with us, so that has made the transition a lot easier than it would have been.  I am trying to do most of it on my own so I can get used to it, but it is so nice to be able to ask my mom for help when I need it and have her right here.)

The hardest thing I am finding is taking a shower.  In the honeymoon period of the first two weeks where Lil Bit slept all the time - that was pretty easy.  But she is still sleeping in our room, so it is getting a little trickier!  They nap for part of the day together, but not the whole time.  My biggest chunk of time is in the morning.  Lil Bit takes a morning nap and Monkey plays by herself in her room for about an hour.  (She is back to doing that well thank goodness!).

The first few times I chose to take a shower at that hour, it was great.  I was clean, Lil Bit slept well and Monkey was refreshed after her alone playtime.  Not so much in the last two weeks.  When I have decided to take a shower, it has been a comedy of errors.  Apparently playing by herself relaxes Monkey and she ALWAYS has to go to the bathroom.  I try to time getting in the shower right, and I never get it right.  As soon as I get in - she starts doing her dance.  So I have to throw on my robe, run up the stairs and help her go potty.  By the time I get downstairs and back in the shower, Lil Bit usually wakes up and starts crying halfway through my shower.  So I have to quickly finish, get out, get dressed and start giving her a bottle.  Once I'm giving her a bottle - Monkey starts doing her potty dance again because she has only done one of the things she needed to do before and now she needs to do the other.  In the past week, by the time I get upstairs she has usually had some form of an accident.  She is pretty good about stopping them, but I still have to change everything!

So if you are around me in the next few months and I smell bad - Sorry - I can't help it.  I just don't have time to take a shower! ;)

I know life will ease into a routine with two.  It has only been a month, so I am trying to find ways to find humor in it all so I don't lose my mind before it settles down!

No comments: