Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Powerful Quote

I saw this on a friend's Instagram the other day.  They did not attribute this to anyone, and it looked like it may have come from their sermon notes, but one line hit me hard and has stuck with me since.  I thought I would share it.

God is MY provider.  
He can be trusted TODAY.  
HIS PLANS FOR ME ARE NOT FRAGILE.  
Therefore, I can REST in HIM.  

How amazing is that third line.  His plans for me are not fragile.  Though I feel fragile sometimes, and I might feel like my world is falling apart - His plans for me are not fragile.  I cannot stop repeating that to myself.  Just being almost 8 weeks into the birth of our second child, it takes me back to 5 years ago when we didn't think we would see the day that we would have one child, let alone 2 healthy and beautiful little girls.  That time that we were waiting felt a little bit fragile to me.  It felt a little bit unstable.  But those moments that it felt fragile and unstable were the moments that I was trying to rest in myself, in my own control.

The second you REST in HIM, you have a solid foundation.  Nothing is fragile, nothing can break.  How amazing is that?  How comforting.

Thank you Lord for being a ROCK, a SOLID ROCK.  I will try to remember to choose each morning to stand on YOU and let you carry everything for me.

No comments: