Tuesday, April 8, 2014

It's Broke - So We Must Fix It!

We had our two week check up yesterday with the orthopedic doc.  We were so proud of our little Monkey.  We have heard that getting a cast removed can be hard for kids.  The saw is loud and I mean, it's a saw coming towards your arm - I was a little scared!  I took Nate with me to the appointment this morning because I figured we would need him to hold her.  I brought along Elmo and Lovey, some snacks, just about anything to distract her.  As the nurse got ready, she started to get another guy to help hold Monkey.  Nate and I told her that we thought he could hold her.  Well, we didn't need anything.  Nate hopped on the table and she sat in his lap.  The nurse turned on the saw and showed her that it didn't cut her had and then started cutting her cast.  Monkey just stared at her arm and watched the saw.  She didn't say anything, didn't scream, didn't cry, didn't need anything.  We were amazed and the nurse was quite impressed.

After the cast came off, we had to have another x-ray to make sure her arm had healed.  We got the news that it is healing, but it is not completely healed yet.  Thankfully we didn't have to have another cast put back on, but they saved the back of the cast and used it as a splint.  It's more for our peace of mind because of her age.  The great thing is that we can take it off while she sleeps and when she takes a bath.  Once again, she took it great and walked out with the splint on like it was no big deal!

She is one of the most easy going children and I'm so thankful for that.  Watching Lil Bit grow, I have been reading about Monkey when she was little and she was pretty much this way from birth!  Such a sweet girl.





No comments: