Well, someone posted yesterday that Zulily had Strider Bikes up for sale at a deep discount the other day, so I took a look at the bike. I had been looking at other balance bikes, but thought she was still too young for them. When I looked at Strider's today, they are made for children that can walk - as young as 18 months. So, between that news and the fact that they were on sale, Nate and I decided we would try it out. We have had friends that had children that did great with these. The concept is that they learn to balance on this bike with the security of their feet being able to touch the ground. Then they pretty much go straight from the balance bike to learning how to ride a regular bike with no training wheels.
We got her this one:

I am so excited to get it!! When you order from Zulily it can take awhile to get their stuff. So in a couple of weeks, I will post an update to see how she likes it!
No comments:
Post a Comment