Saturday, May 31, 2014

Beach Vacation 2014

Well, sadly - we arrived home from our vacation today.  We went down to Rosemary Beach with Nate's family over the Memorial Day week.  Most of the week we had beautiful weather, the rain came in Thursday, but we were still able to get out some on Thursday and Friday.  It was cool in the mornings and hot during the day.  The sun was shining most of the week and the breeze was blowing all week.  It was so nice!

However, vacation with a 2 1/2 year old and a 3 month old is not a walk in the park!  I'm so thankful for all the hands that we had to help us out.  The girls' naps overlapped some during the day so I had some time to relax by the pool and read.  And Nate and I had a little time to ourselves to walk on the beach at night.  It's been good and the girls did so well.  We woke them up at 4 am to head down on Saturday.  Even though Monkey only slept for 30 minutes the whole trip - they were both great.  We only had to stop 3 times and it seemed like our quickest trip to Florida yet.  Next time we will just have to figure out what to do with all the free time before we check in!  Both girls kind of fell apart, but we made it to the house and the set up was great.

Monkey had SOO much fun playing with her cousins.  They were so patient with her 2 year old bossy nature and she just followed them around all day.  She loved swimming in the pool with them.  This year, we brought her a puddle jumper life jacket.  I was surprised with the first time she was in the pool.  It allowed her to be so independent and move around the pool.  Nate and I didn't have to be in the pool with her the whole time, just around the pool.  It was great!  I was so thankful for the pool this year.  That is where we spent most of our time since Lil Bit still takes so many naps.  It took her a little while to warm up to the beach this year, but by the last two days - she was playing in the sand and even went in the ocean with Nate the last day when the waves calmed down.  There was a great porch that Lil Bit was able to sit under all day when she was awake.

We had a great time!  I'm definitely not ready to be home!

I couldn't figure out how best to divide the pictures up, so I just decided to post them by the days we were there.  Keep checking back each day for more pictures from the trip!

The first full day we just stayed around the pool most of the day.  Monkey was excited to be around the water.

She didn't want to wait for her bathing suit to play in the water.
Sweet cousin Em washing her feet and playing with her.
Em and Lil Bit
This face doesn't even capture her excitement!  She was so excited to be swimming all by herself. She kept kicking and splashing saying "This is Amazing"  Then she would scream and say "I'm Screaming!"  She LOVES the pool.

No comments: