Thursday, May 15, 2014

Whispers

I am loving the study that I am doing right now during my quiet time.  I'm the first to admit that it is so hard for me to make myself find time to read the Bible.  I have a hard time sitting still very long and letting the Lord speak to me.  I am learning however, I cannot mother my 2 girls or be a wife to my husband unless I do it daily.  (Still working on the daily part).  God is also showing me that He really is meeting me where I am and speaking to me in the short amount of time that I currently have.

It is very easy for us mothers to be so hard on ourselves.  We compare ourselves to others which sets us up to fail every day.  We covet what others have or even the creativity they have.  We look down on ourselves and think we are not good enough.  The Lord gave me this statement:

WHEN THE DEVIL WHISPERS THAT I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH - I NEED TO REST IN MY STRENGTH FROM THE LORD AND KNOW HE EQUIPS ME DAILY IF I ONLY LET HIM.

You see, what I have to remember is that God chose me to be mom to Monkey and Lil Bit specifically.  He didn't give them to anyone else.  He chose me to be wife to Nate specifically, not anyone else.  That means that God will equip me for those tasks that He has called me to.  So I need to stop comparing myself to other people or wishing I could be like someone else.  Because God is not calling me to be someone else.  He is calling me to be who He called me to be, who He made me to be.  When I can rest in that, then I am fully equipped to be a great mom to my girls and a great wife to my husband.  Our life, the one God laid out for us.  I will work harder at resting in the life God chose for me.

No comments: